To-Go Baked Oatmeal Recipe
As a busy mom, I'm always looking for healthy, easy, on-the-go recipes. My children love to get a treat for breakfast and this recipe has come out to be a very convenient recipe for days in which I see myself forced to run out the door with them.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cusp canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cup whole goats milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. round cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
Optional: your favorite toppings (fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper or paper/foil muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, brown sugar and honey until it is dissolved. Add the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Stir in the oats and baking powder.
3. Fill the muffin tin with 1/4 cup of the oat mixture in each muffin cup. Add your favorite toppings. Push the toppings down into the oat mixture with a spoon.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes before eating. Store in an airtight container or freeze in a zip top storage bag.